Cooking up a spell!

Hi!

One more month I bring you my inspiration project for the Clever Dexter Challenge.

This month our sponsor is a brand that I love and has already collaborated with the challenge in previous months, Stampers Delights, which will award the lucky winner with three stamps from their store.

My project is a Peek-a-Boo Slider Card with the digi "Cooking up a spell" as the main character and the theme "Hit the books", along with the color combo: hunter green, mint green, turquoise, pink and pale yellow.

It is a bit laborious but very simple to do.

I started by coloring and cutting out the stamp with my Finecolour brush tip markers.

For the structure I needed to cut out three pieces of cardboard. In my case the measurements are: the first piece of 14 cm high by 21 wide (5 ½ inches x 8 ¼), the second 14 by 21 cm (5 ½ x 8 ½ wide), and a third of 14 x 15 cm wide (5 ½ x 6 inches), which I folded at 7 cm (2 ¾ inches), in the middle (approximately 10.75 cm or 4 ¼ inches) and 1 cm (½ inch), respectively.

I punched out a window in the wide part of the first piece (the front of the card) and that went through both parts of the second. (I will glue this second piece to the first by the right edge and to the third by the 1 cm fold that makes the flap, in the shape of an accordion. But this will be one of the last steps I take, before I had to decorate each one of the pieces)

I started to decorate the front of the card. To get that stone texture, I used an embossing folder and Distress Ink Vintage Photo ink, embossing and embossing at the same time. Then I lightly inked everything on top so that the white of the cardboard does not stand out so much with Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Black Shoot inks.

I did the same process with the second piece that would be the inside of the card, and I added a strip of cardboard inked black to make the floor.

For the flower frames, windows, planter, flowers and letters, I used white cardstock inked with Distress Ink Wilted Violet, Vintage Photo, Black Shoot, I-Zink Aurore and a green ink.

When it was time to assemble and glue the windows of the first part, I put a piece of acetate in the middle of the cards to give it the look of the window glass.

For the night sky, I used Distress Ink Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Black Shoot and a white gel pen for the stars and the message; and I added a stamp of a moon and a cloud.

Once assembled, I achieved this result.

I like a lot. I hope that it inspires you too and inspires you to carry out your own projects to participate in the Clever Dexter Challenge. You have until the end of the month!

If you also want to be our guest artist of the month, send us an e-mail.

We await you with more inspiration on the Clever DexterChallenge blog, our Instagram and on the Facebook page.

See you!



Comments

Popular Posts